ELEC60014 Group Consultancy Project
Lecturer(s): Dr Steve Wright
The 3rd Year group project is undertaken by those students in the 3rd Year of the MEng who choose not to undertake an Industrial Placement. It runs for the entirety of the summer term (typically April – June).
The 3rd Year group project is undertaken by those students in the 3rd Year of the MEng who choose not to undertake an Industrial Placement. It runs for the entirety of the summer term (typically April – June). The purpose of the module is to provide you with the experience of design engineering in an industrially relevant context. You will develop solutions to problems by following the process:
problem – specification – design solutions– build – refine – test – evaluate. In addition, you will gain valuable insights into the commercial and project management facets of product development.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
1. Develop an engineering specification from a given open-ended brief;
2. Generate number of viable solutions to the brief;
3. Select the optimum solution through technical and critical analysis;
4. Develop a prototype to demonstrate the principles of the proposed solution;
5. Provide financial and commercial information to support their decision;
6. Manage the project from a resource and workload point of view;
7. Communicate in a way to suit the intended target audience (written and oral).
Teamwork solving industrial problem.
Exam Duration: N/A
Exam contribution: 0%
Coursework contribution: 100%
Closed or Open Book (end of year exam): N/A
Oral Exam Required (as final assessment): N/A
Prerequisite module(s): None required
Course Homepage: http://learn.imperial.ac.uk