ELEC60017 BEng Electrical Engineering Project
Lecturer(s): Dr Tom Clarke; Dr Tony Field
The individual project is by far the most important single piece of work in the degree programme. It provides the opportunity for you to demonstrate independence and originality, to plan and organise a large project over a long period, and to put into practice some of the techniques you have been taught throughout the course. Whatever your level of academic achievement so far, you can show your individuality and inspiration in this project.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
1. To plan and execute an individual work
2. Create and update a flexible project plan with specified tasks and fallbacks;
3. Learn and use information from one or more new technical areas;
4. Solve technical problems as necessary to achieve a deliverable;
5. Produce a major high quality written report to fixed deadlines;
6. Carry our independent work that can cover different aspects of engineering such as design and build topics and software implementation topics.
Researching skills, design skills, report writing skills and presentation skills. Health & safety awareness skills.
Exam Duration: N/A
Coursework contribution: 100%
Closed or Open Book (end of year exam): N/A
Coursework only module
Oral Exam Required (as final assessment): N/A
Prerequisite module(s): None required
Course Homepage: https://intranet.ee.ic.ac.uk/t.clarke/projects/index.htm